Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Photo Gallery

Here is a photo of the scissor case "right" side up. (It's going to be turned on point to sew, but I didn't stitch on the diagonal. I did that once. I got too confused.) I threw in my Putford scissors so you can see the relative size. The Putfords measure 2.5". It is stitched on 28 count I think, with Belle Soie "blue heaven" which has a periwinkle hue.



Here is my Amy Butler Stash and Dash case. It is sewn with home dec weight fabric. (I hate interfacing.) The stripes were in the sale bin last fall, and I bought what was on the bolt. Which means I can make 100 Stash and Dash bags. Or maybe a beach tote. The houndstooth is on the shelves at Joann's now. I kind of wish they had had that one in khaki. It's lined with a surprsing brown and blue combo.


And for Jenna:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Stash and Dash bag turned out very well. I like the "surprising" lining.

dd

Adrienne Martini said...

I've been using off-white flannel for interfacing ( I hate it too) and it works out rather well.

Michelle said...

Your projects are fabulous. I just love those Putford scissors - I really want a pair!

Anonymous said...

Your projects look great. Your previous entry cost me money. I couldn't resist, and immediately ordered a skull and cross-stitch T-shirt. I've seen similar ones for knitters, but I think we cross-stitchers truly deserve the right to wear the X's.

Chelle said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your scissor case finished up. Love the blue! (Apparently I'm going through a blue phase.) The stash bag is awesome. The fabric choices are all inspired.

Anonymous said...

Love the stash-and-dash bag. I made a couple with interfacing, but didn't like the feel. I'll try your home dec approach.
KJ

Jenna said...

The stash and dash bag looks great. I like the striped fabric as well as the surprise inside. Thanks for the photo of the daffodils; that's quite a profusion you have growing there!