Saturday, December 15, 2007

Progress Report

Today, as I was basking in the warm glow of my expensive new thermostat (usually the dude changes them--we think there's something wrong with the wiring, and next time it goes, I'm calling the electrician instead of the heating people), I got a flower delivery. From Sissy. Because I'm "wonderful." And I am.

Yesterday, after the heating man left, when I called to tell the boss to say I was on the way back to work, she told me not to bother. So I went shopping! Now I have most of the things I was looking for, which leaves me with the work part of the list. And I have to admit I haven't gotten right on it.

wrap boss's birthday gift; finish-finish Sissy's (new) present; finish-finish "beer;" finish-finish stockings; finish-finish uncle's ornament; buy a point setter*; buy oranges; buy cloves; make pomanders with the kids; clean the house; buy a candle holder for Christmas candles in bathroom; call re lobster (10-12 lbs); buy tall purple pillar candle; put up second tree; buy purple paper plates; see if Home Goods has purple/orange/gold table runner (to match the napkins); paint front door, final coat; put up storm door; hang wreath; paint patches around door and in hallway; get rid of chair; put out all cardboard recycling; find a place/way to display Christmas cards; buy ribbon for presents; buy candle for snowman holder that is on display; pick up gifts from framer; buy pierogis from ladies in Port Richmond; check out progress in human cloning, see how you can speed it up.


These are the pomanders Lala and made. You can see Lala's football on the far right.

* a point setter is very different from a poinsettia (the Christmas plant). It's a framing tool. Okay, it's called a point driver. Sorry for the confusion.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

And I suppose it's not a terribly clever dog that can help with framing? ;)

Susan said...

I'm glad you are warm again! The flowers are gorgeous. Love the pomanders, and the fact that so many things are already checked off your list - okay, marked off, then. =)

Redwitch said...

Lovely flowers and mmmm I can smell those pomanders from here...

Sue said...

See...I just thought you were so frazzled that you wrote Point Setter for the flower...but then again...you missing a grammar error would be like me forgetting to wear a bra to work...it just doesn't happen. :-)
Seriously though, I'm sending positive thoughts in your sisters direction. Good for you for getting aggressive and getting her in to see another Doc sooner.

Lee said...

Heeeeyyyy, are those the new applique placemats in the photo?

Michelle said...

OOh, I love those pomanders - beautiful. I bet they smell heavenly. I was wondering the same thing as Lee - are those your appliqued placemats?