Saturday, October 06, 2007

Elisabeth's Stocking

It's all over but the charms. I finished this on 10/2 but I didn't get a decent photo until today. I started this on or around August 30, but I didn't really work on it until sometime after September 12. So I think it might be possible to finish the other one in about three weeks. Let's hope!

As Allison noted, it's really close on the chablis. I ended up with about 4 inches left over, and I was really stingy, stitching as far as I could with each and every thread. I tried to stitch the wing in spirals to avoid the stripey look, but I think since I changed thread so often that didn't really work out as well as I'd hoped.

One down; one to go. Here's where I am with that:



6 comments:

Alison said...

Elisabeth looks great, well done! Did you know that you will need 3 skeins of Concord for Jillian? All the people I've seen who have done it had to buy another skein. Argh. Don't you just hate that??

Barbara said...

That's beautiful! And I think you did come out with a reasonable spiral-effect for the wings despite the thread shortage. Thread shortages in kits just make me growl!

Aussie Stitcher said...

WOW that was fast, Elisabeth looks great, and you have made a great start on Jillian

Melissa said...

OMG! That stocking is gorgeous. I bounce back and forth on the SB stockings, and then I see one stitched and it looks so fabulous, then I have to stitch them all.

Barbara said...

Your Elizabeth's stocking is so gorgeous. And you stitched it so fast. I'm about half way through Tina's Stocking. You give me hope that I might finish before Christmas!

Michelle said...

Congrats on finishing the first stocking - that one is a favorite of mine. I completely think you can finish the other one in time too, floating sheep or no.