Monday, December 05, 2005

Country Christmas


The card on the right is my rendition of a card that we made at a Stampin' Up Stamp-a-Stack. I didn't have the tall trees stamp set, which I think might be a hostess set, but I do have Nice and Narrow, so I used that instead. My niece helped me age the green paper (even a five year old can crumple card stock!), and I think she was really proud to help. Mine is much more roughed up than the original. On that one, we sort of just shredded the edges with our fingernails. Too hard on my weak nails! An emery board also works...

Stamp background on rusty red cardstock. In the original version, we used the Stampin' Up background stamp (canvas, I think). I used a Judikins Thin Lines Cube; I used the cross-hatching. Stamp tree on cream cardstock (the original uses confetti cardstock). Color in tree, ornaments, and star. Layer with brown cardstock (this one has a nubbley texture). Cut a 3.5" x 4" piece of green cardstock. Crumple. Fold 1/2" on short side. Attach brads to hold it flat(ter). (I used antique brass, original was black.) Mount tree to green stock. Mount green stock to card.

No comments: