Monday, October 03, 2005

Eureka!

I delivered the baby samplers to the framer at the LNS as planned on Saturday. I also did a little shopping while I was there. I bought this little witch, this adorable squirrel, and Drawn Thread's Souvenir Sampler.

I have decided to do the Souvenir Sampler for my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. I really thought long and hard about Marriage of Two Minds, but the poem isn't complete. I just couldn't do that to Bill. I had also thought about making my own sampler using La D Da's Love Birds as a starting point, but I have succumbed willingly to the Souvenir Sampler. I even bought the fabric for it. I'm going to discuss the "souvenirs" I'll use with Sissy this weekend. Her baby blanket will have to be in there for sure. She dragged it around until she went to school, and even then she slept with it. That has to be included--it was part of my parents' lives together for at least 1/4 of the time they were married. Now, silk or DMC?

No comments: