Thursday, January 27, 2005

Framing

Do you frame your cross stitch yourself or do you take it to a professional framer? Why?
I've framed a few small pieces, including putting items in those boxes, which is very like framing. Most stuff goes to a professional, because why do I want to screw up and end up with a crappy job when I've spent all those hours stitching? Even though you know how to use a needle and thread, you wouldn't give yourself stitches when you got cut. I take it here.

In your opinion, what are the advantages and/or disadvantages of putting your work behind glass when you frame it?
Glass is good--nay, imperative--if you are a smoker or in a dusty area. You have to protect your stitching from the environment. If, however, you have normal dust levels in your non-smoking home, you can save some dosh on the glass. I usually give glass on gifts because it just seems more "finished," but that's a crazy bias.

No comments: