Monday, September 20, 2004

Stitching Bloggers QOTW: Your Needlework Store

If you could design your dream needlework/cross stitch shop, what would it be like?

It would be organized, perhaps anally so. What I dislike about so many shops is that they use several methods to organize things: designer, type of design, new things, small designs out in the counter boxes, and patterns near the shop model. Just when you think you have it all figured out, something you're looking for is somewhere else! I'd try to have many models because some of the photography simply doesn't do justice to the finished piece. I'm a big fan of stores that have all the threads, so I'd carry as many as I could. I'd also try to have an area where people could sit and stitch, one that would be comfortable. The most important thing is that I would stay open late one night a week and would be open on Saturday and Sunday. You know, because not everyone who stitches is a housewife.

No comments: