Monday, September 13, 2004

Big or Little? Stitching Bloggers QOTW

Do you stitch small projects one at a time that you can finish quickly, have numerous large projects going at once that you rotate, or both? How does your current system work for you and have you thought about changing it?

I do both. My current system--ten hour rotation--was working until I realized how few hours there were until Christmas. I make most of my presents because I enjoy it. Those presents interrupt the flow of my rotation between August and December (just check out some of last year's blog entries in that time frame). I did get sick of the Gift Rotation this month and started my round robin things--oh, let's just face it, I love starting new stuff and hate the rotation. Sure I get stuff done when I do the rotation, but I want new stuff!

A note on the ten hour rotation. I've noticed on the rotation stitchers board that some people are really, um, conscientious about keeping track of how many hours they've stitched, using all manner of time pieces. I keep track by how much television I've watched. I figure if I sit down to stitch after dinner and watch three sitcoms and one drama, I'm looking at 2.5 hours of stitching. This system works for me and I wouldn't think of changing it. This also works for flights. If you get on a plane leaving Los Angeles at 8:00 a.m. traveling at 240 miles per hour...you've stitched for about 4.5 hours when you get off on the east coast. Calculate in how early you got to the airport and how quickly you got through security and you've stitched another hour while you waited to get on the plane.

No comments: