Monday, July 19, 2004

Addicted? Stitching Bloggers Question of the Week

Would you consider yourself ‘addicted to stitching’? Why or why not? 
I probably would have considered myself addicted to stitching in the mid-90s, when I started all those projects that I am finishing now.  I remember coming to my parents' house after a class at Celebration of Needlework armed with new stash from the marketplace.  As I was showing it to my father, he asked, "When are you going to get that done?"  He was joking, of course, having a wife who was a seriously addicted quilter.  I spent my vacations on stitching retreats; I bought a ton of stuff; I started a bazillion projects.  But then, I decided that I had to finish a more pressing project and put stitching aside for a few years.  And now that the other project is done, I'm back to spending my free time crafting, mostly stitching.  Like many others, I find it soothing.  And I find that if I don't get to stitch for a few days or weeks, the soothing feeling is something I need.  But I know I'm not addicted to stitching because I drove one hour out to the other not-so-local needlework shop (I don't think I've written about that one here yet) where they were having a sale of up to 50% off--I don't know how I get to be so lucky to have two stitching shops having 50% off sales--and I couldn't find anything to buy. 



No comments: