Monday, June 14, 2004

Stitcher's Five: The In Group

1. Is your DH/partner supportive of your stitching?
Yes, although he has worried that I would stick him with the needle when he sits on my right as I stitch. (But I haven't in 13 years).
2. Do you ever stitch in company?
Yes, especially when people come over to watch something on the television.
3. Been to a GTG (Get ToGether)?
About 10 years ago, there was a regular group of stitchers from rctn who got together. But beyond stitching with my friends--or heading off to Tulsa--not lately.
4. Does anyone complain about your stitching? My dad calls me Madame de Farge, but I don't think he begrudges me the stitching.
5. Ever had a stranger comment on your stitching?
I stitch on airplanes and travel alone regularly, so lots of people do. They tell me they don't have the patience for it. It's such a laugh, because I have no patience. Others tell me that their grandmothers did it. It's the comments from people who do know me, but didn't know I did needlework that kill me...

No comments: