As you can imagine, I had a hard time taking out my stitching on the plane yesterday as I returned to LA. I only had one needle, no cutter, and no hydrangea pattern. I've lost two colors that can't be replaced on that (I was 4 from being done, but 2771 I got in spades and ecru is replaceable). I did manage to do some backstitching on the narcissus.
The happy news is that my mom was astounded by the piece. Of course, she still couldn't believe that I started it in 2001 and couldn't finish on time. That's just how she is. She's trying to find a good place to put it. I'm planning on finishing it by April 21 when I venture to DC for the babysitting job.