Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Man's Best Friend

My sister dropped off her hounds for babysitting while she is away on business. Belle, the 45 lb mutt, immediately ensconced herself in my stitching chair. This wouldn't have been so bad, except that I was in the chair stitching. I tried leaning forward, but it was no good. I considered moving to the sofa, but my dh was battling with Luka, the 70 lb mutt. (Luka is a shepherd/lab mix and Belle a shepherd/greyhound/beagle mix--if you've ever been to the Caribbean, you've seen a "Belle", only they call them potcake dogs after the dogs' main grub. Luka looks like Belle's dad.) So I only took about 10 stitches last night. I'm going to have to find a way to manage to stitch with the dogs in the house because I can't put this off!

I've been getting e-mail (maybe I'll try to find a comments feature that I can work with so you can see it too). The most important news is that Keepsake Needlearts, that I discussed on September 25, 2003, has a website. Their sister store Keepsake Quilting has the perfect fabric for backing the Ewe and Eye Peas in a Pod Scissors Companion.

Off to battle the dogs.

No comments: