Friday, September 19, 2003

Rose Gallica

I'm not optimistic about finishing rose gallica by 9/26. I'm about 1/3 of the way through, but USC has a bye this Saturday. This means only one stitching day on the weekend. I also have to finish knitting three scarves and two small hats in addition to decorating two sweatshirts (George's reaction to his Santa sweatshirt last year means I just can't pass up being the Best Aunt Ever), for the European in-laws, all by mid-October. (Presents have to be shipped by then to arrive in time for Christmas.) So I'm debating whether I should knit K's zig-zag scarf while I'm home alone tonight--it requires too much attention. Or should I plug on and get the rose done by 9/26 so I can feel better about being on schedule? Which schedule?

It seems settled that MB and I are going to Tulsa in March. All the women that we met there last year are coming back. That should be fun. And cheaper since we can fly into OK City and stay with D instead of shelling out for Thursday night and the extra $$ to fly to Tulsa. I never thought I'd look forward to spending time with four religious, southern women before. This may be a sign of the apocalypse.

No comments: